You like me, you really like me! I still feel relatively new to the whole blogging thing (Girl Eats Greens began in earnest in August). So I have to say I’m extra proud to have been nominated by the awesome Haley of If You Give a Blonde a Kitchen for the 2013 Blog of the Year Award. Haley has actually been blogging even less time than I have – and her blog is full of amazing photos (seriously, check it out – they’re gorgeous!). I always find myself oooing and awwing over her delicious looking sweet treats.
What I’ve noticed about this whole blogging community thing is that it’s pretty awesome. I love seeing what recipes other people come up with, how they photograph the food, and I also love those personal posts where people talk about why they’re into food – what they’re passionate about. And being nominated by a fellow blogger means so much to me – so thanks again Haley!
Blogging really is a labor of love – it takes a lot of free time, trial and error, and dedication to keep churning out posts even when life stuff gets busy. So I want to also take this time to thank all the awesome readers of my blog. When I started, I had no idea I could write posts that people other than my family would find interesting – so thank you all for the constant reminders that there are people out there interested in what I have to say! (or at least people who like to look at my photos).
The really cool thing about this award is that I also get to nominate other blogs! I thought for a while about who I should pass the award on to, and each and every one of these bloggers is fantastic – so I hope you check them out! I figured the best ones to nominate are those that I can’t help but go back to time and time again, those that I find innovative, and those who I’m equally drawn to the photos. Here’s my list in no particular order…
Emma at Coconut and Berries – I absolutely love her photography
Celeste at Honk If You’re Vegan – Celeste has a lot of really interesting and thought-provoking posts, along with great recipe ideas.
Buddha’s Menu – terrific photography with really great recipes.
Pavithra at Eat, Live, Burp – also full of great food porn, and delicious recipes.
Laura at This is Thirty – Laura not only has a lot of great posts and recipes, but she also has a lot of those posts I love about life
The rules of this award are as follows:
- Select the blog(s) you think deserve the ‘Blog of the Year 2013’ Award
- Write a blog post and tell us about the blog(s) you have chosen – there are no minimum or maximum number of blogs required – and ‘present’ the blog(s) with their award.
- Let the blog(s) that you have chosen know that you have given them this award and share the instructions with them – (please don’t alter the instructions or the badges!)
- Come over and say hello to the originator of the ‘Blog of the Year 2013’ Award via this link – http://thethoughtpalette.co.uk/blog-awards-2/blog-of-the-year-2013-award/
- You can now also join the ‘Blog of the Year’ Award Facebook page – click the link here https://www.facebook.com/groups/BlogoftheYear/ and share your blog posts with an even wider audience.
- And as a winner of the award – please add a link back to the blog that presented you with the award – and then proudly display the award on your blog … and start collecting stars…
You can find all the badges and banners & information you need via this link: